Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Trying to catch up

A rather belated happy new year to you all!

Well, it's been a bit of a crazy month.   I was so glad to get back home and out of hospital - but the convalescence took much longer than I ever expected.  And then there was Christmas,  New Year, my son's birthday,  We celebrated that by going to stay with him and his fiancée and  I thoroughly enjoyed walking the brand new family member - the grand-dog -  on a freezing, windswept beach. (Yes, I know it doesn't sound like fun - but it was!)

Now I'm trying to catch up in all way - revisions on the latest story being the most important. My brooding Spanish hero  is faced with meeting Rose, the woman who turned his life upside down ten years ago - and is now doing that all over again.

Today I'm blogging over at Tote Bags N Blogs  - talking about my 'determinations' for  2016. Not resolutions but things I'm determined to do more of  in 2016.

Oh, and I'm thrilled to discover that  one of my 2015 title Olivero's Outrageous Proposal  is
now reprinted in the collection 12 Best of the Year for Modern Romance.  That's something that got my year off to a good start!


Important PS  - for my lovely Australian readers - with special thanks to Helen (see comments) whose comment reminded me that I need to say this.

The book of mine that appears in the Best of The Year collection - Olivero's Outrageous
Proposal  hadn't been published in Australia in 2015 - but it is out at last this month in the Mills And Boon Sexy line.

Helen has read it already  because she had an advanced copy  for an unbiased review - and she gave it this wonderful review - and it was posted as a Featured Book on the Australian Romance Readers Association  web site - here

Part of that review said:
This is such an emotionally powerful story of revenge, desire and a marriage of convenience as two people learn a lot of truths about family. The setting is just wonderful—a villa in Tuscany, Villa D’Oro, where many sensual nights are spent together and lots of discussions take place. Love grows stronger by the day, but there are still a few hurdles to cross until they reach their wonderful HEA. This is a story that will pull you in from the first page and keep you turning the pages until the end. I loved this one and highly recommend it.

Thank you so much Helen - and the ARRA

4 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Kate

I am glad that you are feeling better now and I would have joined you on that walk on the beach nothing better winter or summer for a beach walk :)

Woohoo on the book being in the best of set it so deserves to be there :)

Have a great 2016

Have Fun
Helen

Nas said...

Glad you are feeling better, Kate.

Nas said...

Glad you are feeling better, Kate.

Rachael Thomas said...

Happy New Year Kate and glad you're feeling better. Your happiness steps for 2016 are just great - especially the first one! Xx

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts